We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic people to join SHM volunteer group to help preserve and promote Serbian culture within Canada, and gain a great support network of museum professionals, cultural workers, historians and artists.
The Museum is open to the public, serves the people of Windsor and imparts knowledge through multiple perspectives on Serbian culture, tradition, history, customs and skills achievements. The Museum achieves this through its emphasis on exhibits, publications, research and educational public programs, including discussions, films, plays, and concerts, highlighting the richness of Serbian culture and ideas.
- Must have a passionate approach to the arts and cultural heritage
- Must take initiative, be proactive and comfortable seeking out visitor contact
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and within the dynamics of a team
- Must display professional, productive and accurate workmanship
- Background or interest in the arts and history, cultural management, museum education etc.
- Responsible to the Museum Director and the Serbian Heritage Museum Board of Directors
- Assist with coordination of events and exhibitions
- Assist with fundraising activities
- Assist with social functions and receptions
- Responsible for other duties as required/ assigned
- Adhere to all Serbian Heritage Museum Policies and Procedures
Volunteer Application Form
If you’re interested in volunteering with the Serbian Heritage Museum, please fill out the form below: